Removing Removal Stress – How to have a Stress-Free House Move
Moving house is in the top five most stressful activities in life so we’ve compiled a few simple steps to make your move stress-free as possible.
It may be tempting to move house yourself or get your friends and family to assist you but consider the cost of everyone taking time off work, hiring a van and the implications of damage to property or belongings. Getting the professionals in is quick, hassle free and comes with insurance so you’ll be confident that your belongings will arrive safely in the new property.
- Hire a reputable removals company who is a member of the British Association of Removers and if you have specific moving needs such as pianos or large clocks, ensure the firm you choose has experience in moving those items.
- Advice the removals firm of any items of furniture which won’t go through doors or tricky to move items so they can plan for the move prior to moving day.
- Make a plan of where your furniture needs to go in your new house.
- Arrange a parking space for the removals van, the closest to the new property as possible.
- Use moving house as a good opportunity to declutter your belongings and have a good clear out.
- Write on the side of your packing boxes, not the top so when they’re stacked, everyone knows where to put them.
- Pack an ‘essentials’ box so if you’re too tired to unpack straightaway; you still have a kettle, toilet roll and the essential items to see you through to the next day.
If you’re moving for the first time or the twenty first, moving house is an exciting time so make the actual move as stress free as possible with these simple tips so when you’re in your new home you can enjoy it as soon as you’re in.
Fell free to download our FREE Moving House Checklist
Kian is the content writer for Quicksilver and updates our blog every month. He enjoys helping out our customers with moving tips and advice.