When You Need More Than a “Man with a Van” in Newcastle – Quicksilver Removals Art Movers
Whether you’re an artist moving your pieces to galleries for display, to a competition or to an auction house; you need more than simply a ‘man with a van’. Similarly, if you’re an art collector buying artworks and sculptures, you want to ensure its safe move from A to B.
We’ve been relocating and moving art around the UK and globally for over 30 years and following a recent large project with world renowned artist, Nico Widerberg we realised that many artists and collectors in the UK didn’t use specialist art movers.
Read all about the move we completed with Nico Widerberg from Newcastle to Norway to understand how we work.
To be a successful art mover takes years of expertise and knowledge of the industry as it’s a very different and sometimes difficult move to a standard home or office move. The knowledge needed is only gained from years of experience in the industry and constant development of new technologies.
The man with the van may help you physically move your artwork, however when it comes to compliance, insurance and safety you can’t always trust them to reliably move your items with accuracy and care.
With international art moves, it’s prudent to organise the move well in advance of any deadline as timescales for obtaining relevant documentation to enter certain countries can take some time. In our experience, international relocations of artworks go as smoothly as those in the UK, and this is down to our meticulous planning and communication with the artist.
Here are some tips to make your next art move as efficient as possible
- Organise transportation with as much prior notice as possible to ensure the size of the van is available and your booking can be arranged for your specific time and date.
- Ensure the moving firm has the relevant insurance needed to relocate or move artwork and you receive an accurate and genuine valuation cost of the items to be moved.
- If you’re moving your artwork internationally, obtain the correct documentation needed for the move and hand this to the removal firm at the time of booking to speed up the process.
- Collaborate with other artists if your items are being moved to the same gallery or exhibition and save on moving costs by moving items together.
- If you’re packing the artwork yourself, ensure the moving company knows what each item is and give specific handling instructions if required, to ensure the safest possible move.
The most useful thing about using a specialist art moving company is that your valuable items aren’t shipped from various depots or warehouses, like if you use a postal or courier service. Your items are carefully transported from A to B without the need for unloading or movement giving you a safer transit.
Investing in a specialist art mover is as valuable as the art you buy or create. With art being more accessible these days, we transport more and more artwork each year giving customers the peace of mind their art is in safe hands.
If you require further information regarding moving artwork, please get in touch.
Kian is the content writer for Quicksilver and updates our blog every month. He enjoys helping out our customers with moving tips and advice.